1915 Roadster - Painting Questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: 1915 Roadster - Painting Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 02:48 pm:

I am getting ready to paint my 15 Canadian roadster. I need to know just what is painted. I think that the bodies had just one colour - black ? Was the firewall painted flat black ? The flat piece of wood(back platform) under the turtle deck, was it painted.The wood parts and door covering the gas tank - painted or? The body sills under the body & inside wood pieces painted or not? The wooden floor inside the turtle deck- painted ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yours in vintage motoring,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 02:55 pm:

For what it is worth, and there will be dozens of differences, I'm sure......

I have a 15 that I for the most part think is fairly stock....

The body metal and etc was all black...of course.

The firewall was black, but probably more of a dip/stain black.....

The wood flap over the gas tank is again a wash/stain, lighter than the floorboards....

The wood inside the turtle deck is done the exact same as the floorboards.....

Thats what mine shows to me, but I will admit that somewhere along the line someone probably did do a touch up to the cabin side of the firewall...on mine, the areas out of use and out of sunlight have a finish that is too shiney for me and is what I believe to be a quick coat of thin black laquer.

"others opinions may vary :-) :-)"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 03:45 pm:

Thanks George for the info.
Are the body sills painted ?- black ?
Scott

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration