Steel strip between rear quarter panel and back panel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Steel strip between rear quarter panel and back panel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herve Cedric on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 06:09 am:

Hi i live in France

I research a supplier to the 2 steel “strips” situated between the back panel and the rear quarter panel on a 1295 Ford Model T Rouring.

I have seen that we can found a strip to the sedans TM-875-T to Snyder and TM370 on Mac's, can i use this part and cut it to my touring ?

Thanks in adavnce

Cédric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hall on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 03:19 pm:

Herve - I also have a 1925, and the T-strip for sale in catalogs in usually listed for 1926-27. I've e-mailed another supplier and will let you know what I find.

The car looks great from this angle. Is the T-strip not usable?

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 06:55 pm:

From earlier posts: In Restoration Supply Co. Catalog #26, page 23 lists Aluminum T molding with a .035 step head; 7/8" leg; 8 ft. lengths only. Web is .094" width 3/4". Part no. MOU035. Their phone number in Reno, NV is 775-825-5663 and the item you seek is their MOU035 and comes in aluminum 8’ length for $20 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herve Cedric on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 01:41 pm:

hi

thanks to the answers.

i must note that the T in photo is not my car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hall on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 03:49 pm:

One more thought. My T-strips are salvagable, but pretty badly pitted. In the US there is a product called glazing putty available for body repair. It is basically very thick primer but must be applied with a putty knife or squeegee. It sands to a very fine finish and is used where the repair is too small for Bondo. The upside is that as glorified primer, it can be applied right over sand finished paint. The downside is you have to be quick because you can only trowel it once before the surface is unworkable. In that case you must wait for it to completely dry, sand it and start again.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration