The Great Northern Model T Club -- New MTFCA Chapter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: The Great Northern Model T Club -- New MTFCA Chapter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 10:12 pm:

We got our charter certificate in the mail today.
So, we're official. We're The Great Northern Model T Club, MTFCA Chapter. We'll operate out of Central and Northern Minnesota, with tours and events usually scheduled on the fourth Saturday of any given month. We had an organizational meeting back in October and held two garage workshops (Nov & Dec) so far. We started out fifteen families strong and are planning to grow to forty, or so, in the next year. Any MTFCA members in the area are welcome to come check us out. Just email me at: ehylen@q.com for our email newsletter.
c

Our founding Members are:
Norm Aune, President
Russ Riley, Vice President
Mark Wersal, Treasurer
Eric Hylen, Secretary
Jim Burdine
Walter Burton
Homer Cronquist
Jack Forsell
Gary Hopping
Byron Hylen
Wes Larson
Andy Loso
Steve Meixner
Reg Urness
Roger Zinken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 10:27 pm:

Welcome aboard.
Norm, San Diego

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 10:33 pm:

Central and northern Minnesota, eh? Summer's going to fall on a Wednesday in 2009, isn't it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 11:14 pm:

Congratulations Great Northern! It took you less time to get your charter then to elect a Senator.

Lance Sorenson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Alongi on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 11:30 pm:

May you grow & prosper.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:13 pm:

Dick, With summers as beautiful as ours, they don't need to be long. Actually, we typically drive our cars from late March through late November, with a few nice winter drives thrown in for fun. We'll only schedule club tours April through October. Winter time makes a great excuse to tear a T down for serious maintainence. My '14 is getting it's front suspension, front and rear springs, fuel tank, frame and top restored this winter. I did the motor, tranny and rearend last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 10:19 pm:

Lance, We elected a Senator back in November. It'll take a few more weeks for our partisan, former ACORN "community organizer" (that term spells trouble anytime that you hear it :-)) Secretary of State, to make up enough new election rules, after the election, to award it to the wingnut from New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson, from the real northern part of the state on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 12:22 am:

Eric, its about time we throw out the people we have in office now and get new blood in there, in our great state, they ones we have now screwed up the state big time, millions in the hole or is it 100's of millions in the hole, besides no ones making up new election rules as they go along, go online and look at all the ballots they had questions on, and see if u agree with the the canvessing board or not on the ballots. We DID NOT elect a senator back in november, we voted in november , hes elected when the canvessing board certtfies it, which they are doing now, and im sure normy will take it to court like a whiner when he finds out he lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elmo from the southern part of the state on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 12:47 am:

Eric, which wingnut are you talking about? Normy is the carpetbagger from new york. Franken was born and raised in minn. If you are going to go on a political rant, at least get your facts straight. I am sure you will attract a lot of new members to your club if all you want to do is talk politics, NOT!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 01:07 pm:

Wow, a little tongue in cheek about the political mess sure swerved into the ditch quickly. We're all about having fun with Ts, sorry I put up the detour sign.

Mike, we'd love to include you in on our fun. I talked to Sam early on, he sounded interested, but non-commital. We'd love to have a tour, or two, up in your neck of the woods. Two of the guys are planning a weekend tour of the Lost Forty, near Blackduck, this summer.

Elmo, you're right. We didn't have much to choose from this year: Norm a "carpetbagger" from Brooklyn, NY who's resided and worked in Minnesota since 1976. Al, a "comedian" who left here in '75. We also had Dean, a partial term (appointed by Gov. Turnbuckle to fill out the last few weeks of Wellstone's term) Senator from Minnesota and a really nice guy who was in a little over his head in this election. Don't worry, we rarely bother with politics when we're enjoying our Model Ts. Lance is a friend and we enjoy giving one another the needle on occasion.

Merry Christmas all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 02:12 pm:

Eric,

I'd sure like to make it up for one of your events. I certainly enjoyed meeting you and several of the other T guys this summer on the NL to NB tour.

Merry Christmas, (oh, and I am a Democrat) :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 02:16 pm:

Elmo:

Al Franken WAS NOT born in Minnesota. He was born in New York City. When Al was four, his family moved to Albert Lea, MN so his father could start a quilt factory. Two years later, after the quilt business failed, the family moved to St. Louis Park, MN.

Erik Johnson
Minneapolis, MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elmo on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 02:19 pm:

Sorry I blew up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 02:42 pm:

On the sixth day God turned to the Archangel Gabriel and said: 'Today, I am going to create a land called Minnesota.
It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty; a land of 10,000 beautiful lakes, each one full of fish.
It shall have tall majestic pines, peacefully flowing rivers, landscapes full of buffalo, tall grass, and eagles, beautiful blue skies, forests full of bear, elk and moose, rich farmland and fair skinned people.'
God continued, 'I shall make the land rich in resources so as to make the inhabitants prosper and they shall be known as a most friendly people, people who practice being Minnesota Nice every day.'
But Lord,' asked Gabriel, 'don't you think you are being too generous to these Minnesotans?'
'Not really,' replied God 'just wait and see the winters I am going to give them.'

AND NOW YOU KNOW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 08:36 pm:

Eric, yep i know i and others are welcome to your club. the "Lost Forty" is a great place,be nice for a tour. but northern minnesota is anything nort of a line from fargo to duluth, LOL. we are even further nort than "outstate" minnesota, MIKE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 09:45 pm:

Mike, You're "Up Nort", I'm in Central, MN. The club has members in both areas. We'll concentrate our efforts in aproximately, a 100 air mile radius of Brainerd, with ventures toward Duluth, Moorhead or Skime on occasion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 09:47 pm:

Rob, Right or left, we all speak T around here. You're welcome any time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 12:36 am:

Brianerd, that brings back old "visions" of National Guard camps. We used to spend two delightful weeks enjoying the scenery there every year. Hard to believe I almost forgot....

Merry Christmas

Rob

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration