Help Tool Id Not Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Help Tool Id Not Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 12:10 am:

Hey guys I picked this up last year when at an auction it was added to my pile. If anyone can help me find out what it is used for. My guess is to compress valve springs on something large. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 01:25 am:

You have a N 354 cylinder head holding fixture, with valve spring compressor and valve holder N 352. It is shown in the 1929 edition of the Kent Moore Tool and Equipment Manual for Chevrolets. This was for the new 6 cylinder models.
Kent Moore for Chevrolet, was like K R Wilson for Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 01:58 am:

Thanks Jim, do you/could you post a scan? Thanks jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 02:12 am:

I do not have a scanner. When the kids come home for Christmas maybe we can take a close-up photo of the page and post it. I'm not smart enough to know how on my own. Otherwise, I can mail you a copy if you still live on W. 37th street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 03:37 am:

just pm me and will work out the details, Jerry

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration