Radiators

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Radiators
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 11:01 am:

A few months back there was a discussion on someone building new radiators. Does anyone have the contact and does anyone know if ohter makes are made besides Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 11:58 am:

Brassworks can make any radiator for anything (including airplanes) but they need at least a sketch and dimensions or a sample. I'm sure they also have patterns for makes other than Fords. For example they have a listing for Dodges also. See: http://www.thebrassworks.net/

Berg’s Radiator also advertises in the “Vintage Ford” their e-mail is: bergsradiator@mvn.net or phone 618-732-6275. I don’t know if they make radiators for other makes or not.

And of course there are brass era links for folks that make early radiators and repairs for the Maxwell’s etc. If you know what year and vehicle that can help folks point you in a better direction.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Rigdon on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 01:33 pm:

I bought a radiator from Berg's after talking with Gery at Richmond. He does make radiators other than for Model T's. He is a really good guy and I am most pleased with the radiator I received from him. It was well packaged and the price was right (a U.S.A. product too). I highly recommend.

Bill Rigdon "25 Fordor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 05:43 pm:

Gery makes 28-29 "A" radiators, but not 30-31. He can, however, recore a 30-31 using your tanks.

I bought a radiator from him for my 27 Tudor....great price, excellent quality, super guy!!

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 01:32 am:

Do the Berg radiator have the reinforcement bar going through the core about 1-1/2" up from the bottom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 10:25 am:

Yes,they are very close to being original repros.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 11:19 am:

I have purchased 2 radiators from Berg. One has been installed for 25 years and the car goes on many tours.
I am very pleased with the quality and workmanship with attention to authenticity details

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 11:51 am:

If you want authenticity, then the above are the sources.

If you want something that works and works well with about 5 times the cooling capacity. but says dang all to 'pure' [is flat tube and crinkly fins between the tubes] there is a stock core for a Clark fork lift that is almost identical to the T high radiator! Forget the Clark number, but a radiator shop found it for me for 'Chugger'a while back.

Chugger is and always will be a parts car that runs...lol...and I was going about buying 25$ used radiators and pinching shut leaky tubes to keep her running. Finally got to the point where what was out and about for 25-50 bucks had too many leaky tubes to pinch shut! So asked the local rad shop what he could do concerning a more modern core.

Took him two trashed ones over to use for parts, and three days later he told me to come on over. The Clark core was exact for thickness and for height for the high radiator...but 1" too wide. He cut it back, clipped off and sealed the outer tube set at the headers, and soldered up a tank using my old parts. Long and short of it, got in and out for under 200 bucks!

OK, so it has a modern core, it has some 5 times the cooling capacity, and it fit like a glove...but for the price for 'Chugger'...sure solved the problem cheap! And at anything more than 1 MPH who can tell?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration