Ocean to Ocean trip looking for few more entrants

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Ocean to Ocean trip looking for few more entrants
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon griesenbeck on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 08:05 am:

Give yourself a great Christmas present and sign up to join us on this great adventure. Thanks, Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 08:27 am:

Well Jon, if I had the time off I sure would enjoy joining the group. Seeing the country from a Model T Ford would be some life experience. I hope to see the group when it comes to Indiana to give you moral support.

Happy Holidays
Augie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 10:41 am:

Jon,
You need to get the other ocean to ocean (and back) T story (1990 Great Race) on your website. There is an abridged copy here:

http://www.nwvs.org/Technical/MTFCA/GreatAmericanRace.shtml

I might be able to send you the full story if you are interested.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 10:54 am:

This is a great trip. Annette and I and our 3 children took this trip for the 75th in 1984. Can you imagine the fun and challenges we had with 3 children in the back seat of our touring. Our children continue to talk about these wonderful memories.
I encourage others to join the cross country in 2009
Garry Potter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Griesenbeck on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 11:24 am:

Charles that would be great, but we need someone who will help us with the webb site. There are a number of things we need to add to the sight. Thanks, Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 11:03 pm:

I can get you the story, but alas I am too dumb to help with the site. Maybe someone else will volunteer who has more brains..

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward R. Levy on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 12:27 am:

Jon. when is this coast to coast trip planned for & any other details
Edward R. Levy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Griesenbeck on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 10:00 am:

you can go to the webb site www.oceantoocean-in-a-t-llc.com. You can get all the info there. Thanks, Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon greisenbeck on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 08:32 pm:

Still looking for a few good T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warning on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 10:05 pm:

To quote the comments of a well known key member of the 1984 O2O event:
"Take twice as much money as you think you need, take one half the number of clothes you think you need and beware of naive MTFCI 2009 O2O LLC event management.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 10:42 pm:

Without doing the whole enrollment process, what is the basic criteria of the cars? Are the rules similar to say the Montana 500 ? No way can I afford such an adventure right now, but it would be good to know what is basically involved. ( I had better start buying those lottery tickets again).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:01 pm:

Jon,why arn't you hawking this on the MTFCI site? I also wonder why ,when asked a question,you always refer them to the official site? Why not just answer the question? It probably will run a person $15,000-20,000 just to make this trip. Not to many folks can afford that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon griesenbeck on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:15 am:

Well Jack the webb site answers 90% of all the questions. If I answered every inquirey I received directly including the private emails I couldn't do my regular job. Usually what happens the people go to the webb site read everything then get back to me with specific questions. This event is going as planned. Everything is done and done well. You have to get your car ready for the trip to make 4000 miles. Fuel will cost about 1500.00, hotels will run about 3000.00 food will be what ever you want to spend a day. I figure if you watch your money it will cost you about $7500. to 10,000- You know it like anything else we want in life if this is something you really want to do you will find a way to pay for it!.. Its not for everyone esp in light of the economy but it will be the trip of a life time. The route is done, hotels are done. Banquets are planned and everything is going as planned. We had a great meeting at Hershey. We now have 57 cars scheduled to go but with the way of the world we would like a few more back ups. Imagine seeing 50 plus model t's rolling across the country at the same time. Don Lang is bringing the parts truck, we have a luggage trailer, and we have several vulcher wagons along with the fact that you need Deluxe triple A. Its all done and we are ready to go! Thanks quys. Anyone having questions after reading the webb site can email me at joneuro@att.net or call me at 540-397-2272 my cell phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon griesenbeck on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:53 am:

Oh ya and by the way that 7500 includes 1800.00 to ship the vehicle back to Virginia from the State of washington.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:44 pm:

Well I hope we're not gonna look like a parade; I sort of thought it would be hard to spot more than 2 or 3 cars at any one time. I suspect at least one team attending this event that was also on the '84 tour won't be seen most of the time. They have a tendency to "meander".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:07 pm:

Several years ago we left Fulton Mo, a buddy and I, we hauled our luggage, tools and some parts we drove to Flagstaff Ariz for the Natl Tour, on to Las Vegas, on to Laughlin Calif, and DROVE them back home, NO ONE WAY stuff, Hell if your going to drive one way MIGHT as well drive back too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon griesenbeck on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 09:04 am:

Well most cars traveling on this trip will be in small groups we don't want a parade it will do nothing but cause a hugh traffic jamb. The trip is 30 days some of us still work. I would love to take the southern route back but my business schedule won't allow it. Thanks, Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 11:09 am:

johnd;
I'm a bit nervous as it is taking a month off work. We were supposed to have a plant shutdown (two 5-day weekends)for Xmas & New Years during which our group was asked to come in and continue production. There are typically 3 techs supporting the line over 2 shifts. One of us decided to take the entire time off between Dec. 24 and Jan 5. The two of us remaining were scurrying to keep things running. In addition, we and building services folks often use a couple days during this time to do some heavy maintenance which didn't happen due to production needs. I can just see what's going to happen while I'm gone for a month. Add another week for coming and going and I'll actually have to WORK when I get back instead of resting up from this "vacation".

Right now the BIG BOSS doesn't have much foresight so I'm counting on him not realizing how difficult it's going to be for my two coworkers. If he suddenly realizes the ramifications of my being gone that long I'll probably have to give my notice or skip the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Griesenbeck on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 12:42 pm:

Warren I hope we all who are signed up to take this trip can live our dream. I have wanted to take a trip like this since I was 17 and had my first ride in a model T. I am now 56 I know my business will suffer while I am gone but I'm going to do everything I can to live the dream. Thanks, Jon Hope to see you all there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 12:53 pm:

I've thought about doing this trip as a relay, and have talked to Jon about it. They want the same car for the whole trip, but the crews can change. Legs of a week or even a few days would open it up to a lot more people.

As for a car, the Long Beach MTC has a freshly rebuilt engine and no plans for it. This trip could be turned into a club project.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 04:19 pm:

Hey, John, I'll be 56 by the time we get started on this little jaunt. Couldn't afford it in '84 (just got my first car running that year) and now I'm just worried that Management will try to screw me out of it. My immediate supervisor and manager are well aware of my intent and have been aware since 2006. It's the next guy up the rungs that worries me. Lots of defections from this department since he came on board in 2007. There used to be 4 of us who could handle the job quite nicely until one guy was cut last June. That person and I used to take turns every other week getting up at 3:00 AM so we could support a 4:00AM startup of the equipment. Now I'm all alone doing this and NO one else will cover that gig.

I'm actually able to keep my rather dry sense of humor though. I like to tell how my Mom always told me, "You don't want to get up at 5:30 every morning to milk cows. Get a good job so you can sleep later." Now 5:30 AM IS sleeping late ;) and I'll be able to beat the rest of you guys out of bed in the mornings (or they might put me in charge of starting the coffee -- a little kerosene in the grounds'll take care of that problem) <grin>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Griesenbeck on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 12:49 pm:

Warren get your new boss involved it it. Maybe that will help you on the good side and this will never be reinacted again you will be part of history, and hopefull not at work!. Hopefully we'll see things start to turn around by then. Thanks, Jon

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration