Inside a '27 brake drum?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Inside a '27 brake drum?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marine 1 on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 12:14 am:

OK...another newbie question. The "27 coupe that I'm restoring had no brake shoes and nothing "inside" the brake drum or on the backing plate except the cam.

Can someone please describe how the brake shoe and springs are positioned inside the brake drum. What supports the shoe?...The "protusions" in the side of the backing plate? I have the parts diagrams, but all the parts are separated and I haven't seen any image of the shoes and springs while they are correctly mounted on the wheel.

Thanks, ahead of time!

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 12:23 am:

Here is a picture behind my brake drum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marine 1 on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 12:30 am:

Good pic! Helps a lot!

Thanks,
John

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration