What material is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: What material is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 01:01 am:

Because of its weight, I assumed the Holley NH carburetor was cast iron. Cleaned up, it appears to be something else. Anybody know what material was used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 01:15 am:

Steve, will a magnet stick to it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 01:54 am:

It looks like a cleaned up formerly rusty common old NH carburator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 11:31 am:

It is cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dave willis on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 03:39 pm:

it is cast iron that appears to have been "sleeping with the fishes"..not uncommon for t parts actually.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 04:56 pm:

Here is what it will look like complete.

Carb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 12:22 pm:

Good cast iron, when bead blasted, can look very nice & bright. Had a guy at a swap meet looking at a '29 Chev pressure plate that had been bead blasted the day before ask me why I'd painted it with aluminum paint. Took some talking to convince him about the glass bead treatment.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration