Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: New Member
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Rismiller on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 03:41 pm:

Hello fellow T enthusiats. I have been reading this forum for a few months. (Excellent reading!)
After attending the T-Party, I HAD to find one. Earlier this fall I found one of my own that I hope to bring back to life.
I was going to join the MTFCA later, but my dad gave me my first years membership as a gift yesterday!

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl schlachter on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 04:07 pm:

Dan, cool car just drive it the way it is. Looks like she has plenty of life left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 04:10 pm:

Welcome Dan! I'm also a new member. Isn't this place great. My biggest problem with this forum is it's addictive. My wife fears she's becoming a "Model T Widow". Beautiful little pick-up. It looks great in its "working clothes".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 04:12 pm:

Dan,
A car like that will turn more heads than a perfectly restored one. If you get into very good mechanical condition and be sure the wheel spokes are tight, and the brakes work good, it will outperform many that look beautiful.

Good luck with your T. It's good you joined the club now. You will find a lot of good friends in the hobby.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 04:33 pm:

Dan, welcome. That's a good looking P/U and I personally wouldn't do much to it body wise. Where are you located in Indiana?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan R on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 05:32 pm:

Thanks guys, I haven't decided how much I want to do yet, first thing is to get her running. Then we'll see.

Kenny - I'm just north of Richmond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 06:24 pm:

Dan, I figured out where you live after my post. We're here to help. We have a T club in Central Indiana that is very active if your interested. We also have access to a lot of parts and other resources if needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan R on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 07:59 pm:

Thanks Kenny, I know I'll need some help sometime. It's great to know that so many guys like yourself are willing to share your knowledge and expertise.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 08:11 pm:

Dan, welcome to the hobby. Both my T's have been restored before I got them. The first is my wife's grandpa's that her uncle had partially restored. I'd like to find one like yours someday and keep it original.
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:26 pm:

Dan,welcome. Whatever you do,watch that Klehfoth guy over in Centerville. He'll get you in all kinds of trouble. Like Kenny said ,if you need parts,holler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Von Nordheim on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:32 pm:

Dan,
Great find. Suggest you keep the looks as is doing only what mechanics are necessary to tour/enjoy the car. You can allway's restore it...however, you may enjoy the T more...leaving it "Original".
Short true story about an original 14 T touring that I once owned.
The car's nisk-name was "Rust-T" which fit it's looks. There was no paint left on the rusty body which had numerous rust holes but very complete. The car was very complete with original lamps, windshield and dented brass radiator. The top bow's had only pices of top material and the upholstery was mostly there, but had cotton sticking out here and there.
The wheels were original, not much paint left which I had tightened up using epoxy....very original looking. Only the engine and chassis had been restored. There was no battery ....the car started and ran on Mag.
Our club was asked to bring some cars to a vintage auto race for desplay. I took old Rust-T and parked it next to a restored 14 touring. It was very interesting to see how many more people would spend time looking and asking questions about Rust-T compaired to others on display.
There was an old lady that spent some time looking at both Rust-T and it's restored brother.
Finally, she walked up to where we were sitting and said "That original T sure looks better than the one next to it" and walked off. Un-knowingly, she was looking at the owner of the restored 14 touring. You should have see the look on his face...he could only smile as she walked away. What a ribbing he took. Join a local model T club and have fun.....your wife will also enjoy meeting/doing things with new friends she will meet thru the hobby. Smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 11:44 am:

Dan: Looks like you have a good car there. Looks like a late '25. I'd like to know the engine number. Did you get this car from Clay Atkins? I've got two '25 p/u's, and am just finishing up one of them. If you need any advice, just holler.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration