Unusual Invoice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Unusual Invoice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 06:03 pm:

I am compiling a list of the invoices I've copied, in number order. I will publish it here tonight. For now, I've copied one more invoice with an interesting deviation from the norm. More proof that Ford built/sold whatever they had on hand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 06:12 pm:

What's unusual? It looks to me that the buyer purchased an extra rim and the parts (notice the extra charge "Parts" written by hand) were not in stock so it shows a "Short" for the item that is on back order, an extra demountable clincher rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 06:23 pm:

I thought this car did not have demountable rims as all the other coupelet invoices have D.R. after notation of bodystyle toward the top. My mistake. Always learning. Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 06:29 pm:

Yeah, I can't figure out what's so unusual either. ??? The motor number is from June 2, 1920 so the car was new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:09 pm:

How come the car was called a Coupelet in 1920?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins on Friday, December 26, 2008 - 09:14 pm:

Some of the runabouts were listed on the invoices as "roadsters" also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 12:59 pm:

Jeff and Royce:

I believe the phrase on the invoice "Short 1 - 1917" means that the double ended wrench with the part number and factory number 1917 was missing upon inspection either prior to or at delivery. I do not believe it refers to a rim on back order.

The invoice for the two tourings and one roadster in Jeff's prior post includes the circled language "Checks Short 2 - 3389." 3389 is the factory number for the jack (which has a different part number 2343). I believe this means that during the inspection or "check" of the cars, two cars were missing a jack either prior to or at delivery.

Note that in the parts book, each item has a part number and a factory number. The part numbers typically do not match the factory numbers although there are many exceptions such as the 1917 wrench.

One final note: it seems redundant to include "With starter" on the invoice because a starter, generator and demountable rims were standard equipment on enclosed bodied Model Ts at that time.

Erik Johnson
Minneapolis, MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES M. RIEDY on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 02:13 am:

Here is a copy of a invoice that was given to me a few years ago. I thought it unusual that they called out the 56" tread which I believe is standard. The wide track was maybe standard in Ga. 1916 invoice

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration