A good "news" story in Sat the 27th Oregonian

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: A good "news" story in Sat the 27th Oregonian
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 02:50 am:

I came across this story in the Portland Oregonian
http://www.oregonlive.com/info/drivetime/index.ssf?/base/automotive/123032312532 1990.xml&coll=7#continue
I have never tried this so hope it works, if not I will go back and cut and paste :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeffrey D. Judson on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 07:36 am:

I sure would like to get my 17 year old son to think like that. I've run a small head shop since 1979, and he couldn't be less interested. He lives in the internet. I have 3 kids; 2 daughters and a boy, and I've acquired a Model T for each of them, one of them being a single family car: a 1923 Touring purchased new by my great-grandparents, and given to me personally by my great-grandmother when I was 13 and starting to tinker with all things mechanical. G'pa Asa had taken it apart around 1928, and it was a basket case and I seemed like someone she could trust to put it back together. ( Unfortunately; I'm still putting it back together...kids and college and, ...well... life in general got in the way. :-( ) ( And since it's a family heirloom; I intend for it to be a 98+ point show car when it's finished so putting it back together is proving to be a meticulously slow and tedious process... )

Oddly enough, it's my oldest daughter that seems to have the most interest in the cars, and at this point in time, it seems like she will be the one to get G'pa Asa & Grammy's car...

...Or perhaps a grand or great-grand ( ...great-great-grand...? ) child that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet...

Oh well. Such is life; I guess...

Happy motoring! :-)

Jeffrey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 09:01 am:

Mark, Great news article. Glad to see the "T" bring generations together.

Jeffery, Your son will take an interest in his own good time. When my son was 17 he didn't have too much to do with dad but now that he's 30 with children of his own dad is an ok guy. Think back to when you were 17. The best way to peak his interest would be to have him look up information on the internet for you. Even if you already have the information. He will learn about the Model "T" without even knowing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:01 am:

I have two sons, one locally that has nothing to do with me or his step-mom, let alone our antique cars. The other son is out east and does have an interest, but so far away. However, we are lucky to have two nephews who loved the event at Richmond and are now building a speedster with the rolling chassis we gave them. We are also very lucky to have two girls, ages 6 and 11, who are unrelated and attended my wife's day care, who remain very close to us and love the old cars. They enjoy touring the local countrysides and going to local car shows with us. We plan to give them each a T for thier 16th birthday. The 11 year old would like a speedster while the 6 year is in love with our 16 touring.

With keeping the young people interested there just might be a 150th or 200th birthday celebration.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration