Type of screx used on the Holley Plate Vaporizer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Type of screx used on the Holley Plate Vaporizer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herve Cedric on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 05:49 am:

hi i live in france

could you indicate me the type, lenght and T.P.I of the 4 screw used on the Holley Plate Vaporizer (see the photo to location)

thanks in advance

cÚdric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.Boer on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 09:21 am:

Hello
The bolts where you are looking for are:
5/16 UNC 3/4 long and They has 18 th. per inch
If you cannot find them in your place let me know
then I send them to you
Greetings
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herve Cedric on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:54 pm:

hi

very very thanks to your answer.

could you indicate me the type, lenght and T.P.I of the 2 screws, just to my information

thanks in advance

cÚdric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.Boer on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 02:38 pm:

Hi Herve, yes I can do; but to morrow
have a good nicht
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 10:31 pm:

Cedric:

Once you get the proper size cap screws for the hot plate & mixing chamber you'll be ready to install on the engine.

Check hot plate casting & exhaust manifold mating surface to be flat.

I find installing the exhaust & intake manifolds first makes complete installation easier. I use the original ring & gland manifold gaskets & haven't had any gasket failures.

Next install the hot plate section, keep cap screws finger tight.

Finally install the mixing chamber on top of the hot plate section fitting into the intake manifold. Two cap screws into the intake manifold & thread the vapor tube nut onto the hot plate section. Tighten the hot plate cap screws.

Connect gas line, choke pull rods & mixture rod................ Enjoy the ride !!

Bob Jablonski

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JAMES M. RIEDY on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 02:05 am:

Herve, What is the finish that you have on exhaust portion of your vaporizer? It almost looks like it is plated. Should look really nice when instaled. Thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.Boer on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:10 am:

Hello;
The two screws you asked for are:
5/16 UNC, 1 inch long and 18 T.P.I.
Perhaps we see you at CLUNY
Have a good 2009
Greetings
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:19 pm:

Cedric:

You have the later '27 exhaust manifold which is better than the earlier, a stronger casting & better exhaust flow. I have the same on my '26 Runabout.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration