Stainless Steel Mufflers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Stainless Steel Mufflers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack watt on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 10:10 am:

Any comments as to the pros and cons on these mufflers?
Are they worth the extra cost and do thy mount the same as the original type?
I was thinking of installing one on my 1918 touring.
Does the "T" still sound the same with a SS muffler?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 03:39 pm:

Jack, i had one and it fit good on a 26,i had to take it off because it was straight through and was very loud and noisy.
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:37 pm:

I bought one from Paul Larson at Richmond, Indiana for my 1926 Roadster. I have not installed it yet. It is a straight through, but that should add some power, or so I suspected.

My 1927 Roadster had the same straight through J. C. Whitney hollywood glass pack on it for 20 years and did not appear excessively noisy. That one was not even stainless steel, so I know this muffler will outlast me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 09:37 pm:

Jack:

Have one on the '26 Runabout, like the tailpipe with no soot on the rear axel. Noise ??? advance the timing, noise lessens.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration