Ebay item # 140291253756

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Ebay item # 140291253756
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:03 am:

Take a look at this. Hate to see go for a ratrod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:43 am:

Seems to me this is a guy who has less than a stellar reputation. I think this is the one I bought a bare steering column housing from, and shipping he charged was on the order of $50.

I could be wrong...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 12:48 pm:

Great seller, highly recommended. T guy through and through. I've dealt with him many times, absolutely honest in every possible way.

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140291253756

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:04 pm:

Hmm, I must have confused him with Topbows460. Anything east of the Mississippi is foreign to me. Thanks to Royce's rejoinder, you can trust Gresh to be a virtuous seller.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:10 pm:

I bought a Tudor from him once!!! As Royce says, "He's a great guy?"

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:30 pm:

Maybe "trex460"? Ebay seller "topbows" is another good one, no problem there.

I've bid on "trex460" items many times but never seem to win.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:56 pm:

I too have bought several cars & parts from Larry & Lynn. Ralph, this is the guy I purchased that "speeds-tour" body from several years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 08:08 pm:

I too have been warned about trex460 by others here on the Forum but have had no dealings with him. Royce, I'm glad to hear you had no problem with topbows; I was not so lucky. I bought a 1915 bulb horn from him several years ago. There was one pic of the horn in the listing. The horn was positioned upside-down, and it looked fine. I won the bid and received the horn, which was severely beat up on the top end. I asked to return it for credit and he refused, then left me negative feedback for spite. I have 856 positive feedbacks and one negative. Yes, I still am p.o.'d about it. I just think when someone does others that way, it behooves all of us to spread the word.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Stanzione on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 08:52 pm:

Ricks,

This guy is by far the best you will find as a seller on ebay. I bought my tourng car from him about 4 years ago and after all his descriptions and pictures the car was even nicer than I imagined. Gained so much confidence in him that when I was in the market for a Tudor, I called him and after a few pictures bought the car no questions asked and once again was proud of the car he sold me. I would buy sight unseen anytime from him.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Byers on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 08:53 pm:

Mikes experience is the reason that I won't bid on anything listed on eBay if they don't have adequate pictures, IE at least one shot of each angle. I've probably passed up some deals but I've never been burned, on the other hand I've gotten some nice merchandise at a reasonable price there. I believe that most of the people who list their merchandise are honest but there are always a few bad apples that will do anything for a buck. Thankfully the latter are few and far between.
Gordon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 09:00 am:

"Hate to see go for a ratrod."

Best method of prevention would be a restorer being the highest bidder :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:26 pm:

I bought a part from this gentleman once, and it wasn't as described at all. He got mad when I returned the part.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration