Phoenix Brown

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Phoenix Brown
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Zabala on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:59 am:

Does anyone have the paint formula for Phoenix Brown, or a modern reference number? Was at the auto body shop this morning with the numbers from the encyclopedia, but the owner couldn't come up with either of the colors. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 12:43 pm:

Did you look in the MTFCA Encyclopedia? I did. Click here:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#paint1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Zabala on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:13 pm:

I did look there and took the ditzler numbers with me. He couldn't find either of those numbers, so I was wondering if someone on here had another reference number, or the actual formula that they've used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:47 pm:

Phoenix Brown / Hollywood Tan is also listed as Duco Enamel (Dupont) 24551621.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:55 pm:

James

Have used the paint sold by Bill Hirsch, maybe you can get a chip from him? He made up the lacquer paint in Phoenix brown. Does special color orders.

http://www.hirschauto.com/contactus.asp

Original ad:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:58 pm:

Someone once told me it's the same shade as '35 Chev Hollywood Tan. Take it with a grain of salt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Handsfield on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:47 am:

I like those disc wheels on the '27 roadster. Does anyone have or has seen a set of 21 inch discs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rdupree on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 08:57 am:

You might try these guys for paint...http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/acl_files/ford1927.html. I have not done business with them, but they claim an exact color match, and in a variety of products from both PPG and lower cost paints.

Ron Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 02:10 am:

Rod,
Look closely at that picture of the 1927 roadster. I think it really has 21" spoke wheels, but they are turning so fast that they look like disc wheels.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration