Is it Special to Make a Comic Laugh?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Is it Special to Make a Comic Laugh?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 12:24 pm:

Yes, that's an aircooled V8 in this 1970 Tatra. Aircooled Tatras were made for 100 years near the Tatra mountains of Czechoslovakia. This basic model was built from about 1932 to 1999. Tatra sued Dr. Porsche in 1936 for patent infringement, and Hitler responded by invading.

The early Tatra V8s were a little squirrely on the new high speed autobahnen, to the point where German officers were forbidden from driving them.

As everyone was admiring the car, I remarked that any car that killed all those Nazi officers can't be all bad. That got a laugh out of Leno, who has a 1956 model.

Jay's Packard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 01:41 pm:

Rick, I would have laughed too. That's funny!
Jay Leno is really very nice to talk too. Just stay on the "car guy" talk. I've been going to the LA Roadsters annual show with my Dad and brothers for near 30 years. About 6 years ago Jay rolled in with his Chrysler Tank engine powered boat tail Speedster/race car?? It's huge! While I was lecturing a friend on how to approach Jay (Just talk cars like he's one of the guys....he is!) my son, 6-7 at the time wormed through the crowd and pulled on his shirt and asked if he could sit in the car. Jay hoisted him up and put him in the drivers seat. No rules. When he was done he just said to my son,"OK buddy it's time to get out I have to go" I really thought that was pretty cool!! I talked to Jays mechanic/friend that was with him. It took 60 gallons of gas to get from Glendale to Pomona and being air cooled the path of the hot air was right over the cockpit out of a vet in the long hood.I did have a photo but can't seem to find it now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 01:43 pm:

VENT, we need spell check on here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 02:16 pm:

For anyone interested in the Tatra, http://www.team.net/www/ktud/Tatra.html

It's not been updated lately, but some of the links are good, and show owners all over the world.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 02:31 pm:

Scott, unfortunately, the word "vet" would have passed a spell check....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 04:09 pm:

Dick, Unfortunately my in skull spell checker don't work so good sometimes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 07:05 pm:

That's a trip!
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/77003.jpg
It looks like it would swap ends in a corner faster than a Turbo Targa!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 09:38 pm:

That one is aluminum, 2 liter, so not all that heavy. . The Nazi killers had bigger iron blocks.

rdr

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration