Mounting Ford emblem

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Mounting Ford emblem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gunter on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 05:27 pm:

Hello,

what is the best way to mount a chrome Ford letter emblem at the 1926 radiator? Should I better solder brass screws to the emblem or fasten it with wire.
Is it possible that stainless steel wire hurts the radiator material?

thanks,

Gunter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 05:57 pm:

I use thin soft iron picture wire to hang emblems on the radiator and have had no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 06:50 pm:

Gunter,
I scraped the chrome on the back down to the brass in two small places on each end and soldered thin copper wire. Run the wire through your radiator and tie them together and you're done. Worked well for me.
Bob

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration