One man top on 23 Model t

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: One man top on 23 Model t
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill saitta on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 05:35 pm:

I got the sucker down, but forget how to get it back up. Picture? Please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 06:10 pm:

Bill,stand in the back seat ,grab both sides and pull.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 07:56 pm:

Bill,

Jack’s method will work. A longer version from the Aug 1922 Service bulletins is shown below. The bulletins are available from the Vendors hard copy “Model T Ford Service Bulletin Essentials”, CD, and from the MTFCI DVD set, and also to MTFCI members on line. A handy book that started in 1919 and covers the later cars in detail but is still helpful for the earlier cars also.

If the top hasn’t been up or down much – having an extra person can make it easier and you may need a drop of oil in a few spots (not much) on the hinge areas.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 08:12 pm:

That looks like a younger "Uncle Jack" demonstrating his method in figures 83, 84, and 85. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 10:48 am:

Now I see what I was doing wrong. I wasn't wearing the hat and the tie.... :-)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration