Kingston L-4 Choke Return Spring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Kingston L-4 Choke Return Spring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve S on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 11:39 pm:

Ok I am an engineer but for the life of me am at a loss in figuring out how to install the choke return spring. Best I am tell the center of the spring (the wound part) goes over the little protrusion near one of the arms. so where does the hook go, and where does the end turn 90 degrees out go?

Feeling stupid in Tennessee.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pep C. Strebeck on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:39 am:

The wound part of the spring goes/slides over the choke shaft and fits under the "dome" on the bell-crank. The bend fits through the small hole in the top of the bell-crank dome and gets bent over to keep the spring from coming loose. The hook/loop goes over the stud to the right (right, while looking at it as if it were mounted on the car) of the choke shaft. Now, just try to do it without scratching any paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve S on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 12:59 am:

Ahhh! So I had it all wrong! So the choke shaft has to come out, slide spring over it, then it goes back in, butterfly would have to come out first. I suppose the alternative is to put the coil spring from tractor supply back on it! And I do still have some baling wire in the barn...

Thanks much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 04:05 pm:

Steve:

Where in Tennessee?

Harvey ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve S on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 10:50 pm:

Near Lynchburg. You?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve S on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 10:51 pm:

And thanks to all for the help. spring is now installed and I have this rather silly feeling of accomplishment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 10:08 am:

Steve:
Happy New Year!
Monterey, between Cookeville & Crossville.

Harvey ...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration