CARTERS CUT&COVER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: CARTERS CUT&COVER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ED Henline on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 03:32 pm:

Is Carters cut and cover still in business? I have called and got a disconnected answer. Thanks Ed Henline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 06:57 pm:

Seems to me there was talk that the owner was slowing down considerably and talking about getting out of the business. Could be it's finally happened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:05 pm:

You could try these folks.

<http://www.classtiqueupholstery.info/>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:52 pm:

Classtique and others only go back to 1913. Carter at one time made such items for 1909 & 1910s. Who makes a top for a 1910 Touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 07:54 pm:

Classtique and others only go back to 1913 or 1914. Carter at one time made such items for 1909 and 1910 Ts. Who make a top for a 1910 touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:03 pm:

We will get you his number, he's working some yet, but he has slowed down, a fellow in our club just got his canadian 15 touring car back, he had clear plastic full side curtains made, for the Florida mid-winter tour, we are in Fulton Mo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 10:18 pm:

John-
I'd like to see those clear plastic full side curtains.

Darel-
Try Vince with VJ group for pre-1914 upholstery needs. How is a 1910 top different from a 1911 top?

http://mysite.verizon.net/viaccino/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 08:52 am:

Virtually everything about a 1910 Model T is different from a 1911 Keith. For starters the top bows themselves are totally different.

That being said I am sure Vince at JV group is the right guy to call. JV group did a great job on the top for my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 11:12 am:

I think Mark & Sheri Cameron can do the pre-13 tops/side curtains, but only if they install them. That way they can make them fit properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:24 pm:

My last experience with Carters Cut and Cover was over a year ago and he proved to be slow and unreliable. I ordered, and prepaid for 3 top kits and it took months to get them. One wasn't right and had to be sent back. After six months I told him to cancel my order and send me my money back for the third one. It took me an additional three months, several phone messages to his business phone, cell phone, a couple faxes, and two registered letters to finally get my money back for the one he never made! Unfortunately, I have heard of many more people who have had similar situations with Carters Cut & Cover, than have heard of positive experiences. On the other hand, I have also heard that his kits for very early cars are very good... If you can get one.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration