TT Bearing Sleeves

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: TT Bearing Sleeves
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 09:39 pm:

When I got my truck, it was in running condition and came with a spare rear end. Leaking wheel seals have caused me to pull the rear brearings. I found that there were right hand sleeves in both sides of the axle. No problem. I have a spare axle outside. I'll just get the left sleeve out of it and see if it is useable. Guess what? Two right hand sleeves in it too. What's going here? Neither of these axles have been gone through recently. I doubt they even came from the same person originally. Just coincidence? Did Ford have a shortage of left bearing sleeves at some point? Anybody else ever run into this? Anybody got two lefts they want to trade for two rights? Just kidding. These are not in pristine new condition and probably should be discarded. I have parts on order, but I am curious as to why this happened on two different axles. Any ideas?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration