Need info on Kelsey rim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Need info on Kelsey rim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 10:47 am:

Guys: Have a Kelsey rim marked 32" X 4 1/2" and the number #119. No lugs or rings, has a big tit to hold it from slipping on rim. It is a split rim, like 26/27 21" rims. Is it a TT rim? Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:30 pm:

A 32x4+1/2" rim would take a 23" tire, so it is likely that it would fit a TT. If both the lug and valve stem hole line up correctly, and the lugs seat properly when placed over a 23" Kelsey TT wheel, I would see no reason not to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 03:53 pm:

Kelsey #119
Ford truck 1922-24
Gray truck 1923-26
Lexington 1924

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 06:04 pm:

For Dan,

If you have a chance, would you please take a couple of photos and post or send them to me? I'm trying to gather rim information and I don't have any good TT rim pictures. If you can put a ruler or a quarter etc. so we can comprehend the size, that would be great.

For Adam,

Thanks for posting the TT wheel info.

For Layden,

Thanks for the details. Do you remember what source you found that information? With that level of detail it might also have information about the several different 30 x 3 1/2 demountable rims that Ford used.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford Touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 11:52 pm:

Dan, Are you looking for rims like these??? I have a few extras. They are new old stock. Drop me an email if you are interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 10:42 pm:

My info comes from " National Wheel and Rim Association Catalog", with 4 different wheels having been used just on the rear of TT trucks, the issue of Model T rims is a big subject!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 08:27 pm:

Layden,

Thank you so much! I'll try to locate a copy or a least try to obtain a copy of pages that cover the Model T rim section (also 1903-1908 Fords it they are listed also). I have some information on the Model T wheels and rims but at this point I still don't know for sure what the felloes look like that the Ford 2845C demountable rim and Ford 2845D demountable rim fit. And how do we tell them from the Kelsey wheels that used the Kelsey 2845 rim? Iím sure any 1925 Ford Service department employ would think it was simple. And it probably is Ė but Iím still trying to sort it out.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford Touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration