Headlight Reflector Spring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Headlight Reflector Spring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 10:58 am:

Has anyone ever had a problem with this part? I tried to get my headlight rim on, and it just wouldn't twist all the way on. Finally, I figured out that reflector spring must be the problem, and got another, and put it on, and the rim screwed on fine. Isn't it great to have spare parts laying around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:26 pm:

Larry, I have found that the original ones are better than the reproductions. The repros I have seen (and tried to use) are too thick and too stiff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 12:45 pm:

Does that spring go in behind the reflector, or where?

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 01:08 pm:

Yes, the spring goes behind the reflector.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 05:01 pm:

I have a feeling that the joint on the spring may have been the problem. Of course originals work better, but in this case, it didn't. The one I replaced it with is also an original.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration