Non T question, spur or ratchet gears

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Non T question, spur or ratchet gears
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 01:50 pm:

With this AA im getting I want to make a hand crank winch enough to pull my 800 lbs. car up onto. Does anyone have any idea where a person could start looking for a set of spur gears and/or a ritcheting device that would work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 02:05 pm:

Here's an idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WINTECH-1-1-2-TON-HAND-WINCH-HEAVY-INDUSTRIAL-NEW_W0QQitemZ1 70290098820QQihZ007QQcategoryZ109553QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 02:46 pm:

thats cool Royce. thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 03:18 pm:

Tyrone, Now that your going to have this hefty little truck with a pto plate on the trans. what about a frame mounted pto powered winch? I don't recall you mentioning what type of bed (tilt or not) but they work well on both types, Plus you would have the advantage of being out of harms way. Just a thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 09:03 pm:

John, I will be making this a stake bed truck. thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration