Model T ring and pinion dimension

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Model T ring and pinion dimension
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 12:34 pm:

Hi- am restoring a 1910 Hupmobile, with bad pinion and fair ring gear. I previously replaced the differential internal gears with Model T gears.

Could someone please send me dimensions of a Model T ring gear? outer diameter, inner diameter, bolt diameter and also pinion, pitch diameter, size of hole?

I would have to make some type of adapter, but this might still be less expensive than custom made gears, T gears are reasonable. thanks David.Coco@hphood.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 12:41 pm:

If you tell us where you are, David, there might be a T parts owner close by who would lend you the parts for measurements. To me at least, it's much easier to visualize how to adapt things than with dimensions on paper.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 01:22 pm:

Hi- Winchester, Virginia. Yes, it would be great to have a set in hand. Have even thought of buying a set, and returning if not used. thanks David Coco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:10 am:

Hi- any help on this? thanks David Coco, Winchester Va. David.Coco@hphood.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:50 am:

Be patient, David. Give it a few days. There are Forum regulars in VA and surrounds. I also estimate there must be ten lurkers for every poster.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 01:31 am:

Hi David- I have a '10 Hupp also and made some pinion gears several years ago and I still have a few. If you are interested, send me an e-mail at
dmcgears at yahoo.com I'll send you a separate e-mail.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim in Indiana on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 01:08 pm:

I may have had a rear end for an early Huppmobile.I traded it away several years ago,but I may be able to track it down.Do they have an aluminum cover over the center section?Truss rod with a turnbuckle?There also may have been some other Huppmobile parts-a nickle plated brass windshield,a Bosch mag and maybe a steering gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 07:48 pm:

Hi Jim- no, at least not the early Model 20. No truss rod, and no aluminum cover. May be later in the mid teens. Thanks though!

And Dan and I have communicated on the repro gears.

Great forum!!

David Coco Winchester Va.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 07:24 pm:

Jim
This rear axle with the aluminum cover on top. My 1910 Russell has a rear axle like that. I will post a picture tomorrow

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration