Rear Spring Perch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Rear Spring Perch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 01:54 pm:

This morning I was cleaning my rear spring perchs and getting them ready for paint. I noticed that there is a FORD script on the end of the bolt. Seems that Henry wanted his name on everything. Thought I'd post this picture, because I find this interesting, maybe others do to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 02:52 pm:

Henry didn't want anyone buying any "spurious" parts that were not official Ford products!!!.....Michael Pawelek

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 03:53 pm:

Henry made sure the his dealers towed the line too. Ford dealers were the ones who could be swayed by copied parts made by other companies that were cheaper than Ford factory parts, sprinkled throughout the Service Bulletins are comments warning about such 'spurious' parts useage.

Service Bulletin Oct 1919

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 06:12 pm:

The Ford Jeeps made during the War had Ford on every conceivable part and place.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration