Storing car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Storing car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 03:31 pm:

What is the best way to store the Model T on jackstands? Put them on the axles or on the frame and where?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 03:50 pm:

Just be sure your garage is not likely to have a fire. Hard to get a car out in a hurry if it is on stands. I blocked mine up the first winter, then realized what I had done. I have a shop in the back of the garage with a wood stove for heat. Now, my T sits on its tires all off-season. I do jack it up now-and-then and rotate the wheels 90 degrees. Good luck, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 05:07 pm:

I put mine on the axles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 05:16 pm:

I have my on stands; the front stands are outside of the spring perches and the rear as far apart as possible under the axle. I enjoy the piece of mind knowing my garage/shop has a fire suppression system. Happy New Year, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William P Schubert on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 05:20 pm:

Mine is stored on jack stands; front are outside of the spring perches and the rear under the axle as far apart as possible. I have the piece of mind knowing my garage/shop has a fire suppression system. Happy Holidays, Bill

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration