Does anyone know Gary Le Fever?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Does anyone know Gary Le Fever?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 07:05 am:

Hi all.
Read this article today :
http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2007/0813/112a.html
Would be interested if anyone has any pictures on the car or any further technical details on it.
I question the 100hp but the story is a fun read.
Are you on this forum Gary?
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 07:42 am:

Glen

Yes I know Gary, he lives in Wichita Kansas. His car has won our hill climb here in Tulsa many times. Gary also has a dual engine speedster. The article is kind of misleading, if you follow the link to: Back to Muscle Car, that is my Roadster, at the event, Roof BB overhead, Model A crank and a few other goodies.

Gary is in the phone book, give him a call, great guy and a pleasure to know. I never have seen Gary post on the form.

The picture of Gary and his car at Winchester Speed Way. Runs Rajo BB, dual fire, twin carbs, by the way he also won the "flat hill climb". This is the car that beat the Hummer.

Mike Bender Gary Le Fever at Winchester 2007

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 12:15 pm:

Glenn, I don't know for sure about the 100 HP but if you heard it run you'd probably not doubt it. I don't. I have never heard a T sound like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 02:15 pm:

Hello All,
Here are a few photos of Gary's Speedsters. I don't think he does the Internet. These photos are from a tour our Wichita Regional Group - HCCA had at the local speedway about 1-1/2 years ago. Gary is an old timey drag racer that got into antique cars back in the 60's. The first ones are of his King of the Hill Speedster.
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 02:22 pm:

The Twin Engine Speedster...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration