More Than Likely, Non T.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: More Than Likely, Non T.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 11:22 pm:

This came with a bunch of T stuff we purchased. Have no idea what it is for. It says K-W Ignition inside. I am thinking it is some type of Master vibrator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 11:42 pm:

That's what it look like. Must have been made about 1914 as it has the new style points.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 01:14 am:

Master vibrators were common with early T's (and at least one Model N I know of) because you relied on one coil and points instead of having four to maintain (I believe that is how it worked). I think you screw down the points or otherwise disable the four, then wire the master vibrator into the system.

Ron Patterson gave wiring instructions and information about them in a thread early last year if I recall. Maybe he will see this and "refresh" my memory.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 01:42 am:

More, from a 1920 publication:

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration