Bored with caffeine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Bored with caffeine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 04:58 pm:

hey everyone, I have a spare block, in good shape that I would like to rebuild. I was wondering, has anyone ever milled a block, crank, etc to use bearings? This may start a huge debate, but I was simply curious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 07:36 pm:

Rob - did you mean, to use INSERT type bearings instead of the usual poured and align bored babbit bearings?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 07:51 am:

yup, I did Harold, I am not trying to wring any more horses out of a T, just like the ease of an insert. Babbitt is hard to get done around here, the model A guys are unwilling to do a T block around here, not because they don't like Ts, they don't want to be responsible for it if it breaks!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 09:24 am:

Rob, where is "here" for you? There are guys that will do the work for you (guess who!), if you ship it to them. Adding inserts is involved and you probably will want oil pressure to protect them. Babbitt is more forgiving in an unfiltered, splashed oil system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:41 pm:

I am in Nova Scotia, so T's are far and few between. Noone will even attempt, and the model A guys get nervous with them. . What do you charge to simply do the bearings Tim?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim ( www.ModelTengine.com ) on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 02:14 pm:

Rob, write me an email and we'll talk. We're going to Nova Scotia in August on vacation. If you want an engine rebuilt I might be able to deliver it.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration