Drilling for oil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Drilling for oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 07:14 pm:

I got busy today on my project;
setting up on the centre main
drilling the first hole
and through to the camshaft
the intersecting holes
onto the caps
top side of caps
drilling with a "Q" size for tapping
and taping, no I am not power taping, just using the chuck to ensure the tap is straight but turning by hand
and the finished job

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 08:13 pm:

Wow! Neat stuff, always wanted to be able to do that kind of work. Whats the idea? Are you going to connect a pressurized oil manifold to the bearing caps and the holes you drilled will supply oil to the main and cam bearings? What kind of crank will you use? Will it be cross drilled to supply oil to the rods? Sorry if I was not keeping up with your project and ask questions that may have been explained earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 10:46 pm:

Mike
Yes the engine will have a pressurized oiling system including the cam bearings. The crank will be custom as well as the rods

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 09:27 am:

Where do you get a crankshaft? Do you have the facilities to make one?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 12:54 pm:

Norman
I have a design that Crower makes for me. It costs about $2500.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:11 pm:

That's quite a project! Should be a very strong engine.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:27 pm:

Norman
well it is project that I pondered for probably 10 years. Coming soon is a ALUMINUM version!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration