Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:24 am:

I'm not normally a "speedster guy" (don't want to start a fight :-) ), but this sure is a nice looking one.

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/album.sfly?sid=8AatWLNw2Ys2I6&startIn dex=0&fid=644aab2566bb716c

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:32 am:

What's the spring thingy on the right tie rod end?
Verne Shirk
Wichita, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:51 am:

Verne,

I don't know, but it sure is damn cute :-).

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/detail.sfly?sid=8AatWLNw2Ys2I6&imageIndex=19&fid=7aba74ad3155b745

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 09:23 am:

I think the spring is part of a disconnected or broken support for the speedometer cable.

Great car, lots of good ideas for anyone buiding a speedster. Wonder why there is no way to adjust carb mixture while driving?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy clary on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 11:01 am:

This car is for sale on the san francisco craigslist. 14k. Not mine.

Andy Clary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 03:08 pm:

I am going to guess that the little vertical spring on the passenger side is to keep the speedo cable from rubbing against the wheel when it is turned sharply. An era correct fix would be to employ a leather strap attached to the cable. Lang's and others sell this strap if a fellow had no time to make one up.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration