Roadster width?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Roadster width?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 11:46 am:

Can anyone give me the outside width for a 1922 roadster seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:32 pm:

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. The actual seat cushion in mine is 37" wide in back and 36" wide at the front and 17 3/4" from front to back. That is the part you sit on. The back is all upholstered, so I don't know the dimensions of the spring.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 01:39 pm:

The seat cushion on my '24 is about 37 1/2 wide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 02:43 pm:

I am looking for the outside dimension ( the outside of the sheet metal ) I am trying to reproduce one and am not sure of the width.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 03:02 pm:

This is kind of hard to do on an assembled car because of the curves. Do you have the sheetmetal, or are you trying to make it?

This is what I can measure on a completely assembled and upholstered car.

Bottom of seat riser above floor is 35 3/4" inside measurement.
Top of sheetmetal outside measurement at top of door 42"

Top of seat riser inside 38"

back panel at top where upholstery is fastened 35".

If you were closer, you could measure mine.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 03:13 pm:

Maybe this will help....T body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 03:23 pm:

Thank you Chuck, this will give me what I was looking for.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration