Stewart Tacho

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Stewart Tacho
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn Pullin on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 03:27 pm:

Hi all
Does anyone have any photos of a T tacho set-up?
I cam across a Stewart Tacho for sale but have never seen one in a T.
It looks very similar to the Stewart Speedo. It apparently ran off the fan belt(?)
Thanks again
Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 06:45 pm:

Glenn
I have seen tachs driven off the back of the generator on some tractors. It is possible to buy ratio changing gear boxes for cables that should make it possible to calibrate it correctly.
If you are running a distributor ignition then you can run a electronic tach from there. I wonder if it would be possible to run a electronic one off of the timer using the buzz coils?
Maybe Ron Patterson would know?
I won't ask WHY?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 11:46 pm:

I bought one of those new ones from Equus (sp) at Wallyworld that's supposed to work on engines from 1 to 12 cylinders and will take their input from either a sparkplug wire or from a typical modern ignition coil. About this time my garage got very cold and I decided my T-ing was done for the year. I'll see how it works in the spring. I'm guessing it won't just because it's me trying it. The pickup from the sparkplug adapter is shielded but it may still not help get rid of the hash ..... only 3 months to go to find out.

They have printed manuals online for their products.

Regards,
Garnet

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration