"C" Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: "C" Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack McRoberts on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 04:00 am:

My first post -good day to you all.

I am looking at buying/restoring a Model T and one that I saw today, had an engine prefixed by "C", ie C413407.

As the head was stamped "Made in Canada", I assume the C prefix, alludes to its Canadian heritage. Is there a way of identifying the age of the motor from this number ?

Jack

Mandurah T Model

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 04:18 am:

Whats your canadian serial number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (Aust) on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 04:59 am:

Jack,
welcome to the forum.
I notice that you are a fellow Aussie.
Your engine/chassis/body # indicates that it was built in June 1923. Probably at Walkerville Ontario.....just over the border from Detroit.
99% of all model T's that came out here were built in Canada. That is, until the Ford factory started operating in Geelong Vic. in 1925.
If you're really interested in its roots you might want to do a search on this forum of old posts on Canadian built T's.
Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack McRoberts on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 07:36 am:

Rob/Alex,

Thanks for that - can I ask where you got that info re the 1923 date? Is that detail available on the net ?

I am actually keen to restore/replicate one of the Ts that the Army used in Palestine in WW1, so a 1923 model may not be a good place to start.

Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 09:22 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/intro.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 02:34 pm:

Duh! Sorry Jack too late at night when I read your post and missed the serial number...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Brown on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 02:35 pm:

Is that a Model T Taxi in the pic beside?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 02:42 pm:

Jack: If you use that 23 to make what you want, I need the windshield off of it. I need a windshield for a 25 Canadian Roadster or Touring. Can you help? My email is danielh462@centurytel.net Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson (Aust) on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 03:36 pm:

Dan,
The T's that came to Australia came without bodies.
The various agents throughout the country had thier own body builders and they were all doing thier own thing. The bodies from one state were completely different to those made in the other states. Therefore the windscreen on this car probably isnt a canadian screen but rather one that was made in Perth WA.
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 04:36 pm:

Please lets see more photos of the Taxi,serial # too if possible.
Don Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 05:30 pm:

Welcome Jack , hope to see more posts from you .

Cheers David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack McRoberts on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 07:28 am:

Alex/Don,

Unfortunately I have no more pics of the Yellow Taxi - I know I should have concentrated on this rather than the black T. But.... I might be able to get some more in the next few days.

Thanks to you other folk who were welcoming.

Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 09:00 pm:

Jack,
Just back from a summer absence!
The first of the two army Model Ts in the photo appears to be an "Express" body. Rear of the bonnet/hood and cowl was all custom-built to a design. Peter Martin in Sydney has built one and no doubt he would be pleased to advise you and share ideas - see http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/52243.html
Cheers - John Stokes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration