T trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: T trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kees steeman on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 01:46 pm:

I have the idea to make a small trailer to be pulled by my 1917 roadster-pickup. I approached several members for drawings or foto"s but up to now no joy. the basis will be a T-frontaxle. Is there anybody around who can give me a hand by making available some drawings or pictures? Thanks Kees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.Boer on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 02:03 pm:

Hi Kees;
Iam sorry Kees I can not make pictures and send them to you with the computer that is much to difficult for me !!!!!!! to make a trailer is much easyer .
But when you are in our surroundings you can have a look and make some pictures
greetings Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 02:38 pm:

Kees,

Dean Yoder of Iowa, who posts here from time to time, has a trailer he pulls everywhere with his T. Look for a message from him and see if you can't e-mail him directly. This is all I have - no closeup shots - but he can probably send you good pictures and answer any questions.

mvg
Dick

trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 02:41 pm:

Kees, just found his e-mail address:

ttyoder-apestaartje-netins.net :-)

mvg
Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 04:50 pm:

here's a few old photo's of our T era trailer. This was rebuilt by the previous owner from an original old home built unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kees steeman on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:52 am:

Many thanks Dick and Jay. This helps me regards, Kees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:44 am:

Jay-
What are the dimensions of your box?
What size are the flairboards?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 01:21 am:

Dick Lodge...

Is that your covered trailer? That's great either way! Looks like a real early travel trailer!

Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 01:24 am:

No, it's Dean Yoder's. He drives it just about everywhere and camps in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 02:06 am:

that's great!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 02:43 am:

Kees, some thread references also:
Forum2005: Model T Trailer http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/12878.html?1194585218
Forum2005: T trailer related questions http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?tpc=29&post=52077
Forum 2008: Model T utility trailer http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/53257.html?1209494729
Forum 2008: Trailer hitch question http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/69246.html?1226098461

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 11:11 am:

Murray Fahnestock wrote this article in Ford Owner, Feb 1926 on making a "T" trailer.

The scans are the best size I can do on this site, if anyone wants a full size better photocopy, then click on my profile, email me and I will email my address. Can then mail you a free copy if you include a SASE in your request.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kees steeman on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 03:16 pm:

Thanks Dan, this is great. Kees

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By douglas j hauge on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

i have trailer hitches on most of my Ts as do most of the members of the TTTT, tent topped touring ts. we tow our campers and have annual camping trips. we have a great time. this year we drove to richmond from upstate ny. 800 miles 1 way, what a great time. heres what we tow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 03:59 pm:

What do the TTTT folks use for brakes?
On the vehicles?
Any trailer brakes?
Thanks,
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Shebley on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 05:58 pm:

Outstanding!! I've been thinking of building a Gilke type tent trailer to tow behind my restored '16. I'm a vintage/antique trailer nut as well as an old Ford guy and weekend camper.

I'm really, really intrigued with what you folks are doing with your rigs! Do you guys have a website? Have you considered becoming a chapter of the Tin Can Tourists? You guys would be a HUGE hit at vintage trailer rallies!!!

Looks like a great way to enjoy the country!!!

Best regards,
Geo. - Ore.

PS: I like your anti-rain solution on the cowl of the '15. I know what that's about! =-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 06:39 pm:

Keith: The box is 37.5" wide and 61 inches long. The flair boards are 5.75" wide. Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 01:52 am:

flatbed trailerflatbed trailer

Flat beds are fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 03:13 am:

Thanks Jay.
What is the height?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By douglas j hauge on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 09:51 am:

none of us have any trailer brakes and none of us have accs. brakes. it is all in the skill of driving safely. useing the throttle, spark and transmission to handle the car. we do not have a web site. most of the members are from the north east, ny, ct, mass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 07:49 pm:

Keith- It's 37 inches tall from the ground to the top of the bed before the flair board. Jay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 08:36 pm:

Jay-
I'm looking for the height of the sides, and tailgate, not the overall height.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 08:39 pm:

George et.al.: Here is a picture of a T chuck wagon trailer that was at the Centenial. It was made by members of the East Valley Model T Club, Mesa, Az. Super nice job with lights, refridgeration, cooking stoves, running water and much more. All the bells and whistles any T trailer could have. All self contained and pulled by a Model T. It was built on a modern trailer frame and adapted to the T wheels.chuck wagon

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration