Ricks-surf city Kant-Skore photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Ricks-surf city Kant-Skore photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 07:35 pm:

1924 T Bobtail racer. July 4th parade last year. I'm the big guy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 07:37 pm:

I didn't know they were piston rings. I thought that was my motto in high school.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 08:33 pm:

I would like to see more pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 08:53 pm:

Dang it Dick! You caused me to about fall from amoungest my chair!
I to,would like to see more pictures of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 09:05 pm:

Ok I will post more photos. Keep checking back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 09:37 pm:

Thanks, Tyrone. Lookin' great.

Yeh, more pix, please.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 10:44 pm:

Ok, OK Photos are in new threat "By popular demand 1924 T Bobtail racer photos" Thanks all for your interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston, Broken Arrow, OK on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 02:57 pm:

The only "Kant Score" cars I've seen are photos of the early Winfield Racers. I had no idea that they were piston rings!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 07:56 pm:

You can't beat the Kant-Skore!

Very nice!

No goofy themes, like naming your car, no fluffy paint job, like an exploding easter egg,....

Just simple colors, simple ideals put into the car, and little details that look as if it did certainly come out of the mid 20s.
Well done! Kudos to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 09:38 am:

Ok Jason I have to admit my car does have a name on it on the other side of the hood.
"BUCK T Special". However in my defense, that was common for the day to be called ________ Special.
Like ford special, winfield special ..... So I get a pass there. hahaha
PS. I named the car in honor of my dad who ruined my life teaching me how to drive this blasted Model T car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 03:23 pm:

That's a real beauty Tyrone. I'll bet it sounds pretty healthy with that exhaust pipe. Wow, what is that about a 4" Pipe? Sounds like a lot of engineering and thought went into it, raising the hood-line a couple inches so it was more to scale with the driver. My problem is more with diameter than height. I always tell my wife people were smaller back then. She gets a good laugh when she watches me squeeze my big belly behind the wheel of my TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 05:27 pm:

Mr. Burch. I first had the four 1" exhaust tubes open. My ears could not take the loudness. I put on the 4" collecter tube and though it would help take the loudness down toward the ground. It was still to noisy for me. I built a baffle and put it into the exhaust down pipe and that gave it a nice racer sound at a loudness I could stand. I understand the roundness issue. I also believe putting the baffle in made a difference in the power. Maybe running the open header was not creating the right amount of back pressure for the engine to run corretly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 09:02 pm:

Tyrone-

No, no,..I was referring to things like guys with "choppers" or "streetrods" where their cars have "names" like "killer", or "the rebel!"....

I think you'd addition, or more so, completion of the paint job adding your name as it is, was a good choice. A very good one that only adds to the car, really makes it,..all those old time details really always do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 09:40 am:

Jason, yes I agree with you on the streetrod thought. I personally don't get into the streetrods/hotrods thing though I do admit I have seen so that are knock your socks car. Just not my thing. To each his own. What I do like outside the original model T's and Model A's are the rat rods. The cut up, stripped down, rusty old rods. I find then a good blend of the original early ford cars and a hot rod. I would expect them to have "rebel without a cause" "the body snatcher" something like that painted on or written on with chauk.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration