Looking for 26/27 front fenders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Looking for 26/27 front fenders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 08:34 pm:

Anyone close by have a set of front fenders that could be saved? My wife needs a set for her 26 touring project but they don't have to be perfect since money is short. Dents are OK as long as they are not crushed like a beer can like the ones she has now. I think this car had been hit on both sides just in front of the running boards as the fenders were about 2 inches wide at that point. Kind of hard to get the lines back where they belong after that so I will take the old ones to use on something else down the road but she wants her car to as close to perfect as she can make it on her own with very little help from me.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 01:15 am:

Bob I have a right front repaired and in primer been asking 450.00, 400.00 will buy it plus shipping. I met you in the museum last July at the 100 yr celebration. T and TT ford Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 03:32 pm:

Hi John,
I remember talking to you about some rims at the time I was looking for but found a set before I even got back to the swap meet and we never did catch you after that.

Do you know how much work was done to the fender and who did it? What primer does it have on it?

I should say what we are looking for is a pair of un-touched fenders that have had no body work done to them. I have done body work for over 30 years and don't want work that was done by anyone else on any of my cars. We plan to strip these to bare metal and fix them so we know what to expect in the next 15 or 20 years. I know anything we find will need work but that is the fun of doing it yourself.

Trusting work done by someone else is just out of the question for us.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration