No end to ingenuity

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: No end to ingenuity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 08:51 pm:

I snagged this picture off ebay, it is a grocery truck for sale in Califonia. Look what they used to mount the switch plate on. Pretty cool! This is the kind of stuff I like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 08:54 pm:

While we're at it, what else can you guys see for accessories, modifications, etc., in the picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 09:01 pm:

Looks like a handle to lift out the floorboard for band adjustment access. The holes in the upper floorboard could be for a wire to the carb for choking.

The wood body looks a lot like my TT's wood body. Any idea who made it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Paddison on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 09:14 pm:

To me, that handle looks more like a foot rest for a foot throttle that most likely come out that large whole right above it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 09:24 pm:

Either that or a Panic bar. Shame the ruined that coil box lid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 10:00 pm:

I'd agree with Clayton, I've seen accessory gas pedals where they apparently thought your foot had to rock on the toe pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel (Indiana Trucks) on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 10:20 pm:

Looks like it has a fender brace that goes over the top of the fender to keep them from flopping around.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

I can't really tell but is there a wire going from thr extra coilbox lid to somewhere on the switch?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 11:32 pm:

I think the large hole in the floor board above that handle is in fact "stock" since that is about where Ford put the "finger hole" for lifting out that floor board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 11:50 pm:

I've often wondered why a lifting hole was needed when there's a big "honkin" pedal slot a few inches away. "Ponderous".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 10:10 am:

I think the rig once had a foot feed and the footrest for same looks just like the one on the '29 Chev I used to play on as a kid.

I find the finger hole for lifting the floorboards out to be much handier than the pedal slots m'self.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration