Mechanic Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Mechanic Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Hodgman on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 07:32 pm:

I am located near Minneapolis Minnesota and have two T's that need some mechanic work. Can anyone recommend someone I can contact in the area for the work that needs to be done? Thanks, Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 08:09 pm:

Try Eric Hylen in St. Cloud, or Warren Mortenson in Ham Lake. We both post here and are two of the few in the area who are willing to do T work for hire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Hodgman on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 08:26 pm:

Thanks Eric, I have the carburetor off of my 1926 Pickup that needs to be worked on because right now it continually overflows gas, it has had some parts replaced this summer but needs some fine tuning. My 1923 Speedster I would say is 95% finished but just needs the hands of a true T mechanic to finish the project. Both cars are stored in southern MN but I could arrange to transport them to you. Please advise me what the next step would be. Thanks so much for your response. Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 09:39 am:

Where are the cars located in Southern MN? If you want it now, Eric's probably your man. I don't have a heated accessible work area right now so I'd have to wait until Spring or if you have heated space I could come to you. Another fellow who can probably handle your needs is Jim Perry in Maple Grove. Send me a private e-mail and I'll give you his number if you want.

Your carb problem sounds like either a stuck or misadjusted float, maybe a bad float valve.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration