Anyone from the sunflower State Crankers?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Anyone from the sunflower State Crankers?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 09:11 pm:

when is the clinic this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 11:03 pm:

January 24th, Hutchinson High School Vo-tec Building. beginning at 8:30 am registration program starts at 9:00 am. Running Babbit and boring bar assemblies. Cut away Model T will be there to view.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ty on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 09:30 am:

thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 11:45 pm:

Here are links to the last two Newsletters and a Map of how to get to the clinic for those interested. This year the topic is babbitt and valve stems. The cut-a-way Ford chassis from the two eastern clubs will be there also.

I also posted a membership form for anyone interested.

November 2008 Sunflower Crankers Newsletter

January 2009 Sunflower Crankers Newsletter

Sunflower State Crankers Membership Form

Sunflower Crankers Map to Clinic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 09:31 am:

Stan, I got your story in the Jan newsletter-take a look. The fee for the clinic is $5.00, but between the coffee and donuts and the door prizes you should leave with more than you came with. Any questions contact me or post here. Thanks Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 11:47 pm:

Finalized the door prizes and donuts today. Don't forget the dinner on Friday night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 08:50 pm:

Found out today that the Tulsa boys are coming this year. If your just passing thru on Friday have dinner with us. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 11:34 am:

Well we had a good turnout, Had almost fifty stay( most of the spouses leave and go shopping and have a nice sit down lunch )for the "clinic". Got this e-mail from Mike Bender this morning, Thanks Mike.

Jerome

Many thanks are given to the Sunflower State Crankers for hosting the Winter Clinic. This event is something I always look forward to. The fellowship and information shared is priceless. With the facilities that are available for your use and the format of event, this should be a must attend for anyone within a reasonable drive. Well worth the time and expense. Please forward my thanks to those that so work hard each year to put the programs together.

It was very enjoyable to see all of the vintage line boring equipment, and to have people that really care about our hobby willing to share with others that knowledge.

Mike Bender

Member: Model T club of Tulsa , Sunflower State Crankers and Arkansas Tin Lizzies.

I'll try and get a few photo's up later today after I get them out of my camera, of course there were plenty of cameras there yesterday, so if a fellow attendee beat's me to it i'm ok with that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 11:59 am:

I second what Mike said. No matter how well written instructions and descriptions are, being there and actually seeing how something is done while you watch can't be beat. I started out at six in the morning and didn't get home until nine last night, and it was time well spent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 01:31 pm:

Here are just a few...

Kwik Way universal set up

McPherson College restoration students and instructior Luke Chennell

Bill Wolf, Bud Redding, Gary Hylton, and (back) Gary LaFever

Myself holding the mike for Clair "Frank" Banta

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration