Not T Can anyone identify this transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Not T Can anyone identify this transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:29 am:

Here is a transmission from a old chain drive car. Most old 1 and 2 cylinder cars had the transmission integral with the crankshaft, this one bolts on. The bands are cast iron with a hinge point in the middle. By the looks of the pedals I figure right hand drive which was typical of the era. The drums are about 12" in diameter.
I have had this kicking around for at least 10 years.
Thx
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 01:13 am:

There is an ad in the wanted section of the Horseless Carriage Clubs website looking for an early two speed transmission. It is about 12 to 15 down.

http://www.hcca.org/wantit.html

That's wild that I was just surfing there and then found you question.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 01:30 pm:

Well no doubt what I have might suit him I would sure like to know what it was made to fit first. I am not particularly in a rush to sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 02:07 pm:

No, but he might be a person who would know.

Herb

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration