This will end the flap controversy once and for all

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: This will end the flap controversy once and for all
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince M on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:05 pm:

Trublpruf tires. New shorpys link http://www.shorpy.com/node/5270?size=_original

Vince

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:26 pm:

I would love to see those remade, talk about a great seller. Anybody want to pool resources and start a company?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 07:16 pm:

This is Michelins version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 07:23 pm:

Kenny,
Will those fit on a 26-27 wire wheel hub or would I need adaptors?
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 07:28 pm:

Wonder if you can get the Michelins in "White lettered"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 10:48 pm:

John Sizemore will love them. I won't tell you what I told him. (G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 12:54 pm:

I have some "cellular tubes" for TT truck rears. They are solid rubber that fit inside a 6.00x20 tire and will slide on the rim. They turn any 6.00x20 into a solid rubber tire. I don't know how old they are, but the rubber is nice and resilient, just like they were new...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 03:20 pm:

Thanks for posting the link, Vince. It's a neat photo.

Were these what one would expect on an early stock TT? Or, did Ford make their own? Or
Firestone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas J. Miller "Tom" on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 06:08 pm:

They make the cellular tire inserts for off road motorcycle tires. See Michelin Bib-Mousse. Michelin advises they be used off road and should be replaced every six months.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration