Key for turtle deck lid

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Key for turtle deck lid
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 02:49 pm:

What does the key/handle look like for the 1925 roadster turtle deck lid?
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 04:04 pm:

Can't take credit for this pic, it was in another post. Even forgot which was which, but I think the little one is the Improved Car turtle deck key

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 04:26 pm:

The bigger one is the 26-27 key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave_Sosnoski on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 04:26 pm:

The little one is for the 16-25 coupe, and roadster from ?? - 25. The larger one is the 26-27 coupe and roadster key.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 05:12 pm:

Thanks everyone!
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 06:24 pm:

Oh :-(...the bigger key is the '26-'27....no wonder I had to wiggle the key I used on my first runabout. With the little key I kinda remember pulling up on the corner of the deck lid as I twisted the little key at an angle. :-)

my first restored T back in '72.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave_Sosnoski on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 10:51 pm:

The bigger key also has a larger diameter. It will fit into the latch (the latch is the same 1916 - 1927) but the hole in the deck lid is smaller on the earlier cars. In order to use the big key you have to drill out the hole in the deck lid. Using the earlier key on the 26-27 should work fine.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 12:35 pm:

Don Lang has reproduced the earlier key. I think he gets $20, postpaid for them.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration