I will now demonstrate my lack of Model T knowledge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: I will now demonstrate my lack of Model T knowledge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

This is currently on eBay (140293558714). The mount bolt pattern is different. Is this from an NRS or earlier?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney, Australia. on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 06:13 pm:

Fordson Tractor.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 07:35 pm:

Thanks Peter.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 09:59 pm:

I sent a note to the seller, but they did not reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 10:23 pm:

Bob (Be_Zero_Be)

Note also that the Pre-Ts did not have a flywheel magneto. That was one of the real selling points of the T -- it did not need a battery. The A, B, AC, C, F, N, R, S, & SR all came with some type of battery -- either dry cell, storage or in some cases both to power the coils. The K had a battery ignition as well as a high tension magneto system. For the other low priced Fords the high tension magneto was considered too costly. Although there are Ford factory drawings for a high tension magneto for the NRS along with the brackets to mount it -- but to our knowledge it did not go into normal production.

By the way you are doing great on the T knowledge -- that part was just outside of your area. (And I didn't know what it was either. One of the things I like about the forum -- it is a great place to learn about Ts and things that look like T parts. Thanks Peter for the ID.)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter, SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 12:00 am:

Hap,

Thanks for the additional detail information (I always look forward to your posts - It's like an extension course at "T-University"). One of the things that puzzeled me was the oval coils which I know came later in T production.

Best Regards,

Be_Zero_Be

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration