Chickasha Swap Meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Chickasha Swap Meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Watt on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 02:03 pm:

Could anyone give me some feedback re this swap meet? I was wondering if it was comparable to Hershey, and would you go/have you been more than once? Is accomodation readily available? Is there much Model T stuff available? Comments on their website are all positive, but I wanted to see if anyone had any other kind of comments. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

I went to the prewar swap meet last year. I enjoyed it and picked up some parts to complete my truck. I am going again this year. I made reservations yesterday for a hotel room. had to get one in Anadarko, Chickasha was already booked. I was talking to a local in Chickasha and she said not to stay at the Kings Inn and wouldnt explain more so I didnt check there. Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 02:23 pm:

I went last year, but was only able to spend a few hours (darn work). It looked like a great meet, with lots of early brass and T things. I'm going again. I stayed on the west side of OK City, and had no problem getting a room that day (probably 40 miles north of Chickasha).

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 02:37 pm:

The Brits and other furriners are reported to have bought lots of the valuable stuff there in recent years. . With the Pound and Euro down even more than the dollar, I wouldn't expect to see so many of them this year.

Don't need anything, so won't be going..

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 02:47 pm:

The whole meet is in buildings and on the fair grounds. About 20 acres total,so it is easy to cover. New stuff comes in almost everyday. IMHO far better than all the walking/searching at Hersey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By warren rollins on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 05:03 pm:

I agree with Jack ,Hershey is Hershey both great and bad. For T parts, convenience and great workable facilities(Ability to make buying decision based on wants and needs without having to figure how you will get the stuff back to the truck) Chickasha is the best. Yes I'l be there in March , can only give a "maybe" for rainy Hershey in the fall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 05:10 pm:

If you live on the west coast the Long Beach Model T Club's swap meet and the Bakersfield swap meet are close to being as good as Chikasha as far as finding good Model T stuff.

For us southerners, easterners and midwesterners Chikasha is hard to beet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 10:14 pm:

I've been to Chickasha the past few years and will be there again in March. I've not been to Hershey and don't care to go. I'm only interested in Model T's, and I've never seen so much T stuff in one place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 10:28 pm:

As my ersatz friend Warren Rollins points out Chickasha, Oklahoma is one of the the best Swap Meets for Model T parts.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 10:39 pm:

I have never been to Hershey and would like to go. When I lived in California I went to Bakersfield several times. If you are into Brass you need to go to Bakersfield. For all around T parts Chickasha is hard to beat. I am looking forward to seeing many of you at Chickasha!

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 12:10 am:

Before I sold the sign business I used to peddle my wares at Chickasha. I enjoyed it because people there had actually heard of Apperson, Stutz, and Pierce Arrow. Now I go to shop, and still enjoy it. It's smaller than a lot of other meets, but being restricted to prewar means you don't have to waste time sorting through a lot of modern stuff to find what you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 12:31 am:

Steve, an old timer told me once, "The three P's, Packard, Pierce, and Peerless".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 02:31 am:

The best thing about Chickasha is there is no flea market crap, no Chinese tools and not T shirt vendors that you have to walk by and put up with to get to some things you want. I've done pretty well there and hope to go back with 3 or 4 rebuilt Ruckstells and some other T things. I'm getting a little low on desireable parts but will try to round up a good load. I've only been to one other swap meet out of state so I don't have much other perspective. I'm right between the buildings on the east side of the sidewalk connecting them. Spaces F 1 & F 2. Great spaces. Close to the food, restrooms and traffic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene k. french on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 02:03 pm:

Gentleman:
I would recommend Chickasha swapmeet to any- body intrested in any model early auto...especially model T or A Ford...this is a very friendly meet that can be covered in a 1/2 day with ease...always a lot of intresting parts,cars and people...i will be at space FJ-19 as always with my linebore and bearing molds ...my friend and fellow Dodge Brother Jervey Millmon will be next space over ...stop by to say hello ...i may also bring my model T engine with Chev. cyl. head for display if people are intrested in seeing such a thing...see you in March
Best Regards
Gene K. French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 02:23 pm:

Gene,
I'd like to see that engine in person, if it works out.

Thanks,
Rob

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration