Paint specifications for 1926 Model T coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Paint specifications for 1926 Model T coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Dobson on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 08:41 pm:

Can anyone direct me to a resource for paint specifications for a 1926 Model T Ford coupe. I know many of the broad guidelines; just want to make sure I am not missing anything, i.e. I plan to paint the body "Channel Green." Should the dashboard be Channel Green as well? (Fenders black, etc.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rex Allman on Sunday, January 11, 2009 - 10:24 pm:

Rich, my 26 coupe was stored in a barn attic before I bought it. The dash appeared to be the same color as the body (with black fenders.) Below the seat was the same green.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Dobson on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 12:08 am:

Rex...just a double check. Was the dash green? And what do you mean, below the seat was the same green?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By . on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 12:50 am:

I have no proof of this other than observation of original cars, but 1927's (bodies with wood around the windows) seem to have the dash and windshield painted black. 1926's seem to have the dash and windshield painted body color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 12:53 am:

Rich
The dash would be the same color as the body. All the body would be green. inside and out. Rex is talking about the metal seat frame. I can send you some pictures of a 26 coupe that we had painted green. We will be picking it up later this week and then you can see how they are painted. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 07:13 am:

I have a '26 Tudor body that was originally green (what was left of the paint) but had a black dash. This is the all steel body with no wood around the rear window and a solid steel panel above the windshield. I believe the later bodies had a wood tack strip for the header material to attach to and just a small steel plate where the rear view mirror attached.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 11:48 am:

Quote "the dash and windshield painted black. 1926's seem to have the dash and windshield painted body color."
Wouldn't it be kinda hard to see w/the windshield painted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 05:23 pm:

Nope,I dont know a thing about paint but today i read about [Goat Vomit Green]!! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration