Woodward Aux Box - Help Please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Woodward Aux Box - Help Please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 05:40 am:

I have been offered a Woodward "Model 20" auxillary box (see picture below of label) to install in my TT.

Can anyone shed any light on this box?
I believe it has an over/direct/under drive (3 gear) set up.
Any ideas on what the ratios would be? or bearings to be used?

Any comments on how robust it might be in a TT?

Anyone have any (good) spare gars?

Many thanks
Kind regards
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 06:08 am:

Not sure what you would use good spare "gars" for, but any "gears" might be useful (Oh I need to take typing classes I think).
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 11:35 am:

I have a friend with a Woddward, and it is a 2 speed. Under, neutral and direct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 03:13 pm:

Oct 1921 adv on the Woodward Model 20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 04:39 pm:

Thanks Dan, this is interesting - I like the bit where they are "not ashamed" to print their price!
Does anyone have a picture of one installed?

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 09:33 pm:

You might want to look at the starting a new war string and read it all, there is more to come!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration