Starter Switch Trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: Starter Switch Trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 06:24 pm:

The starter switch on my '25 barely stuck through the floorboard, with the extension. So, I just removed it, and took the extension off, and put a washer in there. It probably won't help much, we'll see. This switch is the design, with the two screws holding the plunger on. I also have a script tab type, and it is the same height. I have a number of replacement units with the tabs, and they are a good 1/2" taller, which is what I need. It appears the switch went to the tab design in '25. Has anyone else run into this problem with Ford Script starter switches? The parts books (25 & 27) note there is a change, but that is all.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration