1928 Chevy Head Replacement Parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2008: 1928 Chevy Head Replacement Parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 07:51 pm:

Have a bare 1928 Chevy head, with plans on using it on a 26 T Roadster.

What modern engine valves, springs and pushrods will work. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 10:07 pm:

I found a set at Chicasha a few years back The ones from an older 6 cyl chevey are pretty close.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 12:14 am:

Thanks Joe and Jack as I have a NOS 28 Chevy head (bare) also have a used complete engine, I'm going to check out the condition of the top side pcs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene k. french on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 12:40 pm:

Joe:
most automotive machine shops will have a universal parts catalog that will list valves(and other engine parts) by general dimensions ...head size,stem diameter,stem length ,keeper type etc ...
i have been able to fit valves and often pistons to obsolete engine types by comparing dimensions and in some cases doing some re-machining to accomplish necessary changes...it often works well to take a larger stem diameter and ream the worn guides ...over length stem can be recut and necessary keepers machined (sometimes i have had to precision grind due to hardness of stem)...
you probably already knew this but i thought it may be worth mentioning
best regards
gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 07:28 am:

Thanks everyone. what I was looking and hoping for was to find an existing OEM valve, springs, etc. that could be used with little or no modification. Thanks again, Joe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration